Prince Maximilian in Prahran has 1 weekly special A Steak Night on Wednesday.
The building you see today was completed in 1939. It’s design is attributed to architect Robert H McIntyre, a specialist in hotel architecture of the 1930s.
COMMERCIAL HOTEL – PRINCE MAXIMILIAN HOTEL
The origin of the site 32 Commercial Road Prahran goes back to 1850′s, originally named the Commercial Hotel. It changed hands in 1875 and renamed the Prince Maximilian Hotel. During this period, the owner and chairman of the Maximilian Gold Mining Company, was notorious for holding long and raucous boardroom meeting at the hotel. Around 1890 it was sold and again and return the original name of the Commercial Hotel, which it traded as up until the late 1930′s, when the site was redeveloped and new name was given to the new building – Hotel Max.
The building is a beautiful piece of period architecture. The building we see today was built in the late 1930’s in the Art Deco style of Streamline Moderne. At the time it was about sleek lines, reminiscent of the great ships of the age. It was the Atomic age and electricity was the way of the future, that’s why in this building there are no fireplaces.
Specials at Prince Maximilian
- Steak Night$18.00The Prince Max is on the map for it’s amazing steak night every Wednesday. It’s become so popular that it’s best to book and GUARANTEE your steak. BOOK NOW – 99397870 Wednesday Steak Night is now even better…. You asked for it, and now you have it! We’ve listened to all your requests on how to improve our already popular Wednesdays, and we’ve come up with over 200 combinations for your meal. Don’t believe us, come in and see how many different combinations you can come up with! Still best value starting at only $18.00Updated 4 years ago - may be way outdated
Other specials nearby today
- 300 m$13.00Locals NightCollege Lawn Hotel Prahran
Chef's suggestions and pub favourites only $13
- 700 m$15.00Steak nightTemperance Hotel South Yarra
Chef's choice of cut, chips, salad & a pot of beer or glass of wine.
- 700 m$20.00Workers LunchTemperance Hotel South Yarra
$20 for a choice of Fish n Chips, Wagyu Burger, Pasta of the Day or Chicken Parma. Included is a glass of House Wine or a Pot of Beer. BOOM!
- 800 m$15.00Sliders and CiderBridie O'Reilly's Chapel Street South Yarra
3 delicious sliders and a pint of James Squire apple cider served all day Monday
- 800 m$20.00Pie & Guiness LunchBridie O'Reilly's Chapel Street South Yarra
Beef & Guiness pie served 12-6 weekdays served with a pint of Guiness
- 800 m$0.00Happy HourMontereys Prahran
$2 oysters; $7 house wines; $16 jugs; $8 pints & $4 pots
- 800 m$0.00Trivia NightArcadia Hotel South Yarra
Great prizes to be won from 8pm. Grab a $10 bowl of meatballs.
- 900 m$0.00Happy HourImperial South Yarra South Yarra
EVERY DRINK* IS JUST $7 FROM 5-7PM EVERY MONDAY TO FRIDAY. WE ALSO HAVE $11-$14 GOURMET PIZZAS AVAILABLE ALL DAY AND $10 EXPRESS LUNCHES, 12-3PM. *EXCLUDES COCKTAILS AND BOTTLES OF WINE
- 900 m$10.00Mid Week Express LunchImperial South Yarra South Yarra
Save your money for the weekend and enjoy our $10 lunch specials at The Imperial from 12-3pm.
- 900 m$10.00$10 SteaksImperial South Yarra South Yarra
Get yourself a $10 steak with chips, salad and your choice of sauce with any drink purchase.